IMPS is a service provided by a bankQuick Enquiry
KGB IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) facilitates instant Inter Bank fund transfer on 24X7 basis.
Funds can be transferred using MMID & Mobile Number or Account Number & IFSC. Service available 24x7, throughout the year including Sundays and Bank holidays
The customer has to do the Mobile Banking Registration if he/she wants to initiate the transaction through mobile channel. For Bank branch channels, mobile registration is not required.
Collect his/her MMID from bank and share with sender or alternatively share his/her Account number & IFS code for receiving money. The receiver can register his/her mobile no. for getting SMS alerts for transactions.
Yes, customer can link more than one account to the same mobile number. However, each A/C no. will have different MMID
The fund transfer through IMPS can be done using
1. Can a customer receive remittance using the mobile number other than the one registered with the bank?
The customer can receive funds using the registered mobile number only
2. What is IMPS?
Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) is an instant interbank electronic fund transfer service. It is being extended by Bank through various channels such as ATM, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking etc. All the Public sector & major Private Banks are participating in IMPS.
3. What is MMID?
Mobile Money Identification Number (MMID) is a seven digit unique number for an account, out of which the first four digits are the unique identification number of the bank offering IMPS. The MMID can be generated by PNB customers through Mobile banking, Internet banking & ATMs
4. What is the daily limit of transaction through IMPS in KGB?
Rs. 50,000/- per day
5. What beneficiary details are required for an IMPS remittance?
Following beneficiary details are required
i. MMID based transfer
ii. IFSC based transfer
6. How long does it take for the funds to be credited into the beneficiary account?
Funds are transferred on real time basis without any delay
7. How does the remitter come to know that his account is debited and funds have been credited in the beneficiary`s account?
The remitting bank sends a confirmation message to the remitting customer about the transaction initiated by him / her as per SMS Alert policy
8. How does a beneficiary come to know of funds being credited to his / her banks account?
The beneficiary bank sends a confirmation message to the beneficiary customer informing him / her of the credit in the account as per SMS Alert policy